Friendship Hospital for Animals recommends yearly examination for all pets, even if they are not scheduled to receive any vaccinations that year. Pets age much more quickly than humans, and so annual examinations help to spot and address any potential health problems before they become serious. At your pet's yearly examination, we will:
- Speak to you at length about your pet's health history and take note of any special concerns. We schedule annual vet examinations for thirty minutes rather than the traditional fifteen, so that we have plenty of time to discuss all aspects of your pet's health.
- Any behavioral concerns that you may have about your pet will be noted and our staff will discuss a plan to help address the concern.
- Examine your entire pet thoroughly, including the eyes, ears, nose, teeth, lymph nodes, skin, heart, lungs, digestive and urinary system, bones and joints, muscles, spine, and nervous system.
- Specialized vet examinations may be performed as needed of the musculoskeletal, nervous, digestive or reproductive organs. We also have many specialized examination techniques for the eye and skin and can also evaluate many skin masses in-house to look for cancer.
- Your pet will be assessed for any signs or sources of pain and you will be provided with diagnostic and therapeutic options for these conditions.
- Preventive health care will be discussed, including oral health, vaccine recommendations, parasite prevention, exercise, and diet.
- Most importantly, we will treat your family member like one of our own!