Whether it is a routine kitten neuter or an involved abdominal exploratory surgery, rest assured that at Friendship Hospital for Animals, your pet's comfort and safety is always our top priority.
We tailor every anesthetic drug protocol to your individual pet's needs and pre-anesthetic labwork results. Our doctors and technicians are always learning the newest techniques in anesthesia, surgery, and pain management. We always aim to make it as safe and comfortable as possible when getting a pet spayed or neutered here.
During every anesthetic procedure:
- A certified veterinary technician will be with your pet at every moment, monitoring all of their anesthetic parameters. Comprehensive anesthetic monitoring includes measurements of heart rate, breathing rate, blood oxygen, blood pressure, heart rhythm, and temperature, whether we're performing a cat spay or removing a tumor.
- In almost all cases, anesthetized patients will have an intravenous catheter placed and IV fluids administered throughout the whole procedure. This allows us to safely maintain blood pressure and also have immediate access to your pet's vein should emergency drugs be needed.
- Our specially-equipped sterile surgery suite has all of the tools necessary to make sure your pet's surgery is safe and successful.
- Pain management and relief is a top consideration. Drugs and therapies like local nerve blocks and IV pain relief infusions will be employed before, during, and after your pet's procedure to make sure that your pet is as comfortable as possible.
- Our surgery suite is also equipped with a viewing window for those families who wish to watch their pet's neutering surgery or other anesthetic procedure.