Our patients at Friendship Hospital enjoy this safe, well-tolerated and effective way to treat pain as well as many other conditions and illnesses. Scientifically-based, medical acupuncture is the application of sterile needles to specific points on the body to improve function and comfort. In conjunction with traditional medicine, acupuncture is useful in treating a wide array of problems, including:
- Soft tissue maladies such as muscle spasms, tendinitis & pain and inflammation from trauma
- Orthopedic concerns including arthritis and joint or skeletal injuries
- Neurologic disease such as spinal injury and associated pain or weakness
- Post surgical recovery concerns from a wide spectrum of procedures including oral surgery
“Cold” (or low level) Therapeutic Laser is another clinically-proven modality that benefits our treasured patients suffering from pain, inflammation and tissue healing challenges. Our state- of- the- art therapeutic laser delivers wavelengths of comfortable laser light which increases circulation and stimulates innate healing activities which, in turn, decrease inflammation and pain and speeds up healing. Many common conditions may be treated with well tolerated cold laser therapy:
- Skin wounds including post surgical incisions
- Deeper tissue troubles such as joint inflammation and muscle trauma and spasms
- Chronic skin conditions that are difficult to resolve, such as lick granulomas and painful outer ear canal infections
- And, more uses are being discovered everyday!
Please contact us to discuss how these treatment may benefit you pet or to schedule an appointment.